Thursday, June 27, 2013

Daring You To Read (27) Paranormalcy & The Book Thief

 
 
Daring You To Read is a brand new meme by Tynga's Reviews. Is where you choose a book you’ve read, loved and would dare your readers to read! The book you choose must be an older release (at least 6 months ago), because let’s be honest, we’re all quite aware of the latest releases.
 
 
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)
 
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1) by Kiersten White
Publication Date: August 31st 2010
Genre: YA Paranormal
Pages: 335
 
 
~Summary~
 
Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.


~Why I'm Daring~


I’m probably the last person on earth who has read this. Wait, I know for a fact that my sister has yet to read it…..woohoo, I’m not the last one after all haha. Anyways, I had high expectations for this book after reading all those raving reviews and guess what y’all? This book did not fall short and my expectations grew higher. Now let’s hope this doesn’t ruin the sequel for me haha. So if you too have read those outstanding reviews then please do listen to them cause this is one original story line, characters, and paranormal creatures. Though since my sister and I are probably the last ones to read it y’all probably already know how amazing this book is. Seriously why it took me so long to get to this is unbelievable. So if you somehow have yet to read it, jump on it right away. The sequels for me are automatic buys for me! Actually I’m glad I just got to it now, now I don’t have to wait years for the sequels to come out since they’re already out, woohoo! :D
 
“Evie, omg what can I say to do her character justice. She truly is a teenager besides all the adult things she has to do, is put through. Her character didn't feel forced and wasn't a try hard teen, she's one I see I could totally hang out with.”

“And boy is there loads of action, from the first page to the last, most definitely an sitting on the edge kind of book. A page turner and I just can't wait to get my hands on the next book in this outstanding series.”

“So if you're looking for originality then go pick/borrow this book up cause it'll have you wrapped around its finger in no time.”

“I'm speechless. It's that amazing and if you're looking for something new and refreshing then this book is most definitely for you. If you feel like you are in a paranormal slump then pick up this book, it'll bring you right out of that slump. Trust me.”
 
 
There you go, I hope this encourages some to go pick up this book!
Sweet Daring's Everybody!
 
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Publication Date: March 14, 2006
Genre: YA
Pages: 550
 
 
 
Summary
 
A New York Times bestseller for seven years running that's soon to be a major motion picture, this Printz Honor book by the author of I Am the Messenger is an unforgettable tale about the ability of books to feed the soul.


Set during World War II in Germany, Markus Zusak’s groundbreaking novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a foster girl living outside of Munich. Liesel scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can’t resist–books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement before he is marched to Dachau.

The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier, and will become busier still.
 
I fell in love with this book and it's characters. If you don't love the characters, you won't like this book, but I doubt that will happen. It isn't the fastest of reads but it is defiantly worth the time. The best part is Death being the narrator.
So, I'm daring you to read.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment